Pradhanmantri fasal bima yojana (PFBJ upsc) 2022
Pradhanmantri fasal bima yojana (PFBJ upsc) 2022
For the benefit of the farmers of the country and to double their income as soon as possible, various schemes are being issued for the farmers so that they can get convenience because the farmer is dependent only on his farming, his income is agriculture. It is the means through which he maintains his family.
To bring more benefits to the farmer brothers, Hon’ble Chief Minister Narendra Modi on 18 February 2016 launched the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, under which insurance cover up to 2 lakh will be given to the farmers. It is operated by an Indian insurance company. It is one nation-one scheme.
To start this scheme, the government has announced a budget of Rs 16000 crore for 2021-22. Farmer brothers have to pay some percentage of their crops to the insurance company, in which they will have to pay 2% of Kharif crop and 1.5% of Rabi crop.
This scheme started by removing the National Agriculture Insurance Scheme and the Modified National Agriculture Insurance Scheme. If you want to get the benefit, then you have to register for it. To apply, you must visit the official website https://pmfby.gov.in.
Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
Through the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, if the crop of farmer brothers is damaged in any way due to natural calamity, then the agricultural insurance company will give them insurance.
- The farmers get the benefit of natural calamity i.e. if there is drought in the field, due to hail, snowfall, or due to flood, storm, storm, the crop is damaged.
- They will have to deposit some percentage of their crops to the insurance company. A total of 52 lakh farmer brothers have been given a claim amount under the scheme. You can apply for the scheme through both online and offline modes.
Benefits and features of the scheme
- Under the scheme, farmers are given insurance amount in case of crop failure due to natural calamities like heavy snowfall, flood, storm, strong storm, and rain, etc.
- Farmer brothers have to pay some percentage of their crops to the insurance company, in which they will have to pay 2% of Kharif crop and 1.5% of Rabi crop so that in future if their crop is ruined by natural calamity, they can get insurance up to 2,00,000.
- The Indian insurance company operates the Pradhan Mantri Fasal BM Yojana.
- If the farmer’s crop is damaged, then the claim amount reaches the farmer’s account within 15 days.
- The application can be done through both online and offline modes.
- By applying online, farmers will save both time and money.
- Every year more than 5.5 lakh farmers apply for the scheme. If there is any kind of damage to the crop of the farmer, then he will have to register his complaint by calling the farmer’s helpline number within 72 hours.
- If the crop is destroyed or destroyed by any person, then he will not be able to take advantage of it.
- Under the scheme, farmers will be given insurance cover of up to 2 lakhs.
- Under the scheme, the time of work from sowing to harvesting has been fixed in the field.
- Under PMFBY, the claim amount of up to 90000 thousand crores has been given to the farmers.
Eligibility for PM Fasal Bima Yojana
- All the farmers living in the country will be able to take the benefit of crop insurance.
- Farmers can also get insurance for rented farming along with their farming.
- Any farmer who is not the beneficiary of any new insurance will be considered eligible.
- If the crop is destroyed by any human, then they will not be considered eligible for coverage amount.
If you also want to get the benefit of this scheme”Pradhanmantri fasal bima yojana”, then you need the required documents are as follows:
- Aadhar Card
- voter id card
- driving card
- Kisan ID Card
- passport size photo
- registered mobile number
- Bank account number and IFSC code
- bank passbook
- farm papers
- Landlord’s cultivation papers (if farming is taken on rent)
- Khasra, Khatauni Number
- Field sowing date certificate
- agreement letter.
- Ration card
52 lakh farmers got the insurance claim amount
Every year 5.5 crore farmers get themselves registered under the scheme. In the year 2018-19, Rs 52,41,268 lakh was given to the farmers for their natural crop failure.
This claim amount is transferred to the farmers through direct DBT in the bank account. You can also take advantage of this scheme and if your crop is ruined then you can claim it.
- Rabi Crop: 1.5% (insurance installment to be paid by the farmer)
- Kharif Crop: 2.0% (insurance installment to be paid by the farmer)
- Commercial Crops (Sugarcane, Tobacco): 5% (Insurance Installment)
- Horticulture Crop: 5% (Insurance Installment)
It is said that the farmers have to apply after 10 days of sowing the crop in the fields. The insurance installment amount was deducted from the account as per the instructions.
In December, some new updates related to this scheme came, insurance coverage was given to the farmers on natural calamities, along with it, insurance cover would be given to the farmers for wildlife damage i.e. destruction of crops by wild animals.
If farmers want to take advantage of wildlife cover, then pay insurance installment for this also so that in the future if wild animals damage their crops, they will be assisted “Pradhanmantri fasal bima yojana”.
FAQ/Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1- What is Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
If the crop of farmer brothers is damaged in any way due to natural calamity, then the agriculture insurance company will give them insurance. The farmers will get the benefit of natural calamity i.e. if there is drought in the field, due to hail, snowfall, or due to flood, storm, storm, the crop is damaged.
Q.2- When and by whom was the scheme started?
Fasal Insurance Scheme was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18 February 2016.
Q.3- What is the objective of the plan?
The purpose of the scheme is to give information about the scheme to the farmers so that they get the benefit of the facilities. Also doubling the income of the farmers and giving them more incentive and boost to take up farming.
Q.4-What percentage of the insurance installment will the farmers have to pay?
Farmers have to pay some percentage of their crops to the insurance company, in which they will have to pay 2% of Kharif crop and 1.5% of Rabi crop so that in future if their crop is ruined by natural calamity, they can get insurance assistance.
Q.5 – Can any farmer of the country apply for PMFBY?
Yes, any farmer of the country can apply for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. If you also want to apply for the scheme, then read the article written by us.
Q.6 -What will be the documents required for the scheme?
We have explained in detail about the required document above in our article, to know the document you read the article.
Q.7- When will the farmer have to report the crop damage due to natural calamity?
If there is any kind of damage to the crop of the farmer due to natural calamity, then he will have to register his complaint by calling the farmer’s helpline number within 72 hours.
Q.8- When can a farmer apply for the scheme?
The farmer can fill out the application form for the scheme after 10 days of sowing the scheme.