how to claim travel insurance in divergent situation
how to claim travel insurance in divergent situation
The incident happened two years ago from today, all the flights of Jet Airways were closed, in which many people had booked air tickets, who had to face a lot of problem in getting a refund.
In this situation, many people are suffering problems getting money back, but those who had taken the travel did not face these problems.
Those people get full coverage of flight cancellations and delays. By this, you must have come to know how beneficial travel insurance is.
Today in this article, I will tell you how and how you can claim train insurance.
Table of content
- Required Information to make a claim
- Benefits of Travel Insurance
- precautions to be taken in travel insurance
- Careful when taking travel insurance
- How to claim travel insurance
- How does the claim get stuck?
- FAQ/ Frequently Asked Questions
1- Required Information to make a claim
By the way, refund air ticket money when flights termination. But if the flight is a delay, then they are not obliged to pay your money.
Also, if such a situation arises that the airlines do not have control over the cancellation of the flight,
So the passenger is not given any kind of travel insurance compensation for not choosing the second option provided by the airlines.
But if the airline is at fault, then the passenger is entitled to an insurance claim under travel insurance, and he can get compensation in addition to damages.
2- Benefits of Travel Insurance
- By taking travel insurance, passengers can get compensation in case of flight cancellations as well as delays in the event of a delay.
- If the flight has been canceled or delayed by the airlines, then while taking the insurance from the insurance company, the passenger will get the specified amount in compensation under Trip Delay and Missed Connection (Flight Cancellation and Delay)
But if the flight is missed due to the passenger, when the insurance company does not compensate in such a situation.
3- Precautions in travel insurance
While taking travel insurance, both cancellation and delay should be covered, Especially during a foreign trip.
However, it is necessary to take travel insurance with the Schengen visa issued for travel to America and 26 European countries.
- Travel insurance becomes even more essential when traveling abroad, as situations can arise in such flights over which the airline has no control.
- If you have not taken insurance and any situation like political instability or terrorist attack happens, then the airline is not obliged to pay you compensation.
- But if you have travel insurance, then you will get compensation for it. For this, you have to choose these options in your policy.
4- Careful when taking travel insurance
- We have to keep in mind that the more travel insurance cover you want, the higher the premium you will have to pay. Therefore, you should take travel insurance according to your need.
- The premium amount depends on the day of your visit, the number of your co-travelers, and the locations visited.
- Insurance companies have different travel insurance plans for Individuals, Family Travel Insurance plans, Senior Citizen Travel Insurance plans or Student Travel Insurance plans, and Business Travelers (Business Traveling Travel Insurance plans).
- According to you, choose the travel insurance plan for yourself according to your needs.
5- How to claim travel insurance
- Carry all the necessary documents with you while going on holiday
- PIR has to be given in case of baggage loss, flight delay
- PIR (Property Regulatory Report)
- PIR to be deposited with the insurance company
- Keeping proof of unwanted expenses during the holiday
- Keep hospital bills and other expenses with you.
- Immediately mail the insurance company in case of loss.
6- How does the claim get stuck?
- Not Reading Policy Documents While Taking Travel Insurance
- Not carrying insurance documents with you while traveling abroad
- Claiming some damage without any proof
- Not carrying bills with you during a medical emergency.
7- FAQ/Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What is travel insurance, and what does it cover?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that ensures that when you are away from home, whether, on a solo trip or a business trip, you do not suffer financial losses due to common travel inconveniences.
Travel insurance covers various aspects of your travel such as travel cancellation, travel interruption, travel delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical coverage, medical evacuation, loss of passport, personal liability, emergency cash advance, etc.
Q.2. How to choose the best travel insurance policy?
Taking the time to choose the best travel insurance policy is as important as deciding where to go for your travels.
Some useful things to remember while choosing a travel insurance plan are as follows:
- Check the policy terms and conditions and also the place where you are traveling to ensure that you are covered for the entire duration of the travel
- Make sure the policy includes comprehensive medical coverage.
- Make sure it covers incidents like missed or canceled flights or delayed/lost check-in baggage.
- Make sure the policy covers you and your family members who are traveling with you.
- Pay attention to exclusions to make sure all your needs are covered.
- Lastly, ensure that the Sum Assured of the policy is adequate.
- You can also take advantage of add-ons like house theft etc.
Q.3. How to increase travel insurance?
If you are looking to extend your travel, you can extend your travel insurance policy.
There are usually two scenarios of travel insurance extension, pre-policy expiry, and post-policy expiry. Both procedures as mentioned below.
Termination of prior policy
In this case, you need to inform the insurance company about your travel insurance extension requirement.
After receiving the request, you need to fill out and submit a good health form.
In such a scenario, you need to inform about the need for policy extension along with the reason for the delay in request.
After receiving the request, it will be evaluated and based on the details submitted.
4- What documents are required to file a travel insurance claim?
There are essentially two types of travel insurance claims – medical claims and non-medical claims.
The documents required for the same are below:
- Duly filled overseas travel insurance claim form
- Authority to issue Medical Information Form
- attending physician’s statement
- Overseas Travel Insurance Claim Form.
- Since the nature of a non-medical claim can be varied, the supporting documents required for each type of claim are different.
Q.5. What information do I need to complete the online application?
All the information needed to complete the application is available in your passport.
The Key data includes your full name, passport number, date of birth, address, and telephone number in India, the assignee (the beneficiary of the policy in case of death or death of the traveler), and correct travel dates.
Q.6. What is an Emergency Cash Advance?
Emergency cash is a required feature of our travel insurance plans coming forward.
It’s a support service wherein we facilitate you to provide emergency cash during incidents like theft/theft of goods/theft, or co-ordinating with your relatives in India to provide you emergency cash assistance as per your requirement,